Sunday, October 4, 2009

Daïtro - Des Cendres, Je Me Consumme


Tracklist:
01. Mons Corp
02. Mes Chiffres
03. Mon Insomnie
04. Les Slogans Uniformes
05. Des Cendres
06. Je Me Consumme
07. Hop

If You Like: Raein, Sed Non Satiata, Yaphet Kotto

It's been a long time since I've put anything up. I've been listening to a lot of Raein and Daïtro lately, so I thought it was time to put something up. This is a great screamo album. Daïtro incorporates melody into their songs better than most any other band I know. The songs flow great: Mon Corps into Mes Chiffres, Je Me Consumme into Hop... great stuff. Mon Insomnie, Des Cendres, and Hop are great examples of the melodic aspect of screamo music. Mes Chiffres and Je Me Consumme have the speed and energetic tempo you expect and love from these bands. An overall great album and well-put together. I just wish I could understand French, although I think the album title means "Ashes, You Consume Me" or something to that effect. 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment