Thursday, July 29, 2010

Long-overdue update.

Hello good people of the internet,

It has come to my attention that apparently people follow this, and a few of my friends actually check it occasionally. Therefore, I will resurrect it from the hiatus that happened due to moving, not having internet, and general negligence. I don't have anything ready right now, but hopefully tomorrow and this weekend will see a good bit of posting.

Anyway, I move to North Carolina to work 40 hours a week (although it ends up being closer to 50) in order to make money to buy vinyls and have something decently respectable on my resume. When I remember, I spend some money on food too (meaning when I only have Fruit Rings, expired milk, and a few pepperonis in the fridge). But I am proud of the 200 or so I have now, and even have some speakers to take back to school and show off. June was great for music: Cat's Cradle, Local 506, Lunchbox Records, etc. Even Raleigh had a Silversun Pickups show, which was fucking incredible. They played Creation Lake! July has been dry as shit though, with the only good show being Pianos Become The Teeth in a basement. Epic show, real chill dudes.
Which brings me to a point I'm making! A band "Barrows" opened for them. It was an odd assembly of acts.. Some kids I met did a crazy thrashy metal wreck everything 20-second long song series, and a good textbook screamo band. Also another thrashy metal group that sounded a bit like Heavy Heavy Low Low at times, but was far from scene-y. The other band was Barrows -- introspective, melodic screamo, like a less-hardcore Envy. I talked to the vocalist after the show and he gave me a demo, and I told him I would post it here. So it will go up tomorrow! It's good, but can't do justice to their live performance.

Expect great things soon (Arcade Fire, Menomena!, and more). Now I have to go home from this Panera knock-off that leaves wifi on all night to decide whether I want to spin Circa Survive's Blue Sky Noise or the Envy/This Machine Kills 7" while smoking from a $2 pack of Special Blends. Gotta love South Carolina defecit hawks. That is all for now. I love you for reading this, and if I know you somehow, I miss you but will be back soonish!

No comments:

Post a Comment