Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sea Wolf - Get To The River Before It Runs Too Low


Tracklist:
01. You're A Wolf
02. The Garden That You Planted
03. I Made A Resolution
04. Ses Monument
05. I Don't Know If I'll Be Back This Time

If You Like: All Smiles, Bright Eyes, Death Cab For Cutie

Sea Wolf is one of those indie bands that you wouldn't really expect to stand out from the crowd, but they manage to pull it off. Get To The River Before It Runs Too Low is their debut release, featuring five relaxing indie gems. I've heard 'You're A Wolf' on the radio before, which isn't surprising since it is the most pop-sounding track on the album. The Garden That You Planted is very calm and relaxing with nice lyrics. I Made A Resolution opens horribly lyrically in my opinion; Alex Church says he'll never sing a sad song again but he clearly breaks this resolution. The rest of the song is nice though, kind of a mix between You're A Wolf and The Garden..., picking up towards the middle. Ses Monument is my least favorite song on the album, but it's still good. It's very upbeat, but I find I get bored of the song quickly. I love I Don't Know...; it's short and to the point with good lyrics. It's probably too far on the sad side for many people but it reminds me of Bright Eyes a little, so I like it. 8/10

2 comments:

  1. update more. shit is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha sorry. I've been really busy, and didn't realize anyone was actually following this. I've got a few in mind though that'll go up soon =]

    Thanks for the patience and interest!

    ReplyDelete