Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Margot & The Nuclear So And So's - Animal!


Tracklist:
01. At The Carnival
02. O' What A Nightmare!
03. Hello Vagina
04. I Am A Lightning Rod
05. Love Song For A Schubas Bartender
06. Mariel's Brazen Overture
07. There's Talk Of Mine Shafts
08. A Children's Crusade On Acid
09. German Motor Car
10. Cold, Kind, and Lemon Eyes
11. My Baby (Shoots Her Mouth Off)
12. As Tall As Cliffs

If You Like: Balance Problems, Band of Horses, Cursive

I saw these guys play near my house last year after releasing this album. They opened with At The Carnival, which did sound better live. Just hearing A Children's Crusade on Acid was enough to make me immediately love this band though. That song is definitely my favorite on the album, followed by Cold Kind and Lemon Eyes and Hello Vagina. German Motor Car, Love Song..., and Mariel's... are also great songs. Mariel's Brazen Overture is the most distinct song on the album since it features a lot of Emily Watkins' vocals in addition to Edwards'. 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment