Monday, January 4, 2010

Funeral Diner - The Swept Under



Tracklist:
01. Borne Upon My Shield
02. Under
03. Never To Be
04. For The Beasts
05. City of Webs (Title Mix)
06. Shifting (Battery Cage Remix)
07. This Truly Is God's Country (See Colin Slash Remix)
08. Shifting (Midnight Laserbeam Remix)
09. Shifting (Black Van Remix)

Happy New Years! I hope everyone got nice and smashed. My resolution is to post here nearly every day, since I haven't in forever and it seems a few people are actually looking at it, going by the download counts on mediafire. Back to Funeral Diner - this is one of their more known albums, since it's on Amazon and iTunes. Borne Upon My Shield is unusually high energy with an awesome intro and little interlude. Under has good instrumentation and intensity typical of Funeral Diner, but I can't find anything extraordinary about it. Never To Be, however, bursts out strong, dies, builds up, and then ends all of a sudden -- which I love. Not to mention I can actually understand all the lyrics without looking them up. For The Beasts is one of their 8-minute songs like Fire...Deth or A True Triumph of Man vs. Machine, all of which are awesome. Matt Bajda sounds great on the drums, which is the main reason this song is incredible. The vocals and guitar are better than usual too. The remix's aren't really what I like; I think the album would have made a good EP without them. Shifting and This Truly Is God's Country are incredible songs, but See Colin Slash is the only one on here that I think does a good cover.
First 4 tracks - 8/10. Last 5 - not as good, but try anyway.

1 comment:

  1. heya- just an FYI, that see colin slash remix is actually mislabelled. i did that mix shortly after see colin slash broke up and it was supposed to be under the moniker of my then-new project, everything goes cold. nevertheless it was a fun mix, and definitely pretty far from the stuff i normally work on.

    EGC just released a new album called "vs. general failure". check it out!

    http://www.everythinggoescold.com/

    you also might like the see colin slash best-of, "fish in a bag", but the EGC disc is definitely closer to that mix.

    http://www.seecolinslash.com/


    anyhow thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete