Friday, January 8, 2010

Algernon Cadwallader - Some Kind Of Cadwallader


Tracklist:
01. Casual Discussion In A Dome Between Two Temples
02. Some Kind of Cadwallader
03. The Stars
04. Horror
05. Motivational Song
06. Yo Soy Milk
07. I've Got Piano
08. Katie's Conscious
09. Serial Killer Status
10. In Response To Irresponsibility

If You Like: American Football, Cap'n Jazz, I Would Set Myself On Fire For You

This is one of the most unique bands I have ever heard, and I've heard a lot. The instruments are very high-energy, as Algernon lets you know right from the beginning. The singing is very raw and a little annoying -- kind of singing, a little whiny, and the rest some kind of yelling. I wouldn't think all of it goes together, since it really doesn't, but Algernon finds a way to throw it together and make an incredible feel-good album (like a distorted The Format) with a side effect of confusion. I find that ignoring the confusion about what's going on is the best way to listen to the music. If you can stand the strange vocals, this album is for you. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment