Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Decemberists - Castaways and Cutouts


Tracklist:
01. Leslie Anne Levine
02. Here I Dreamt I Was An Architect
03. July, July!
04. A Cautionary Song
05. Odalisque
06. Cocoon
07. Grace Cathedral Hill
08. The Legionnaire's Lement
09. Clementine
10. California One / Youth And Beauty Brigade

If you like: Pirates of the Caribbean, Neutral Milk Hotel

This is The Decemberist's first release (as far as I know) and still probably my favorite. I love just about every song. This is like the basis of all other albums: the most pure, all the instruments and techniques used in later work, strange lyrics, and even the sepia artwork. 9/10

1 comment:

  1. You made some good points there.I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with your blog.Thanks
    A new trend has been emerged in party decorations and that is life size cardboard cutouts of celebrities! These life size props help you grab the attention of every guest and cherish the memories of celebration for months to come. Once you used celebrity cutouts in your party décor, your invitees will try the same out when their turns come.

    ReplyDelete