Thursday, July 16, 2009

Emarosa - Relativity


Tracklist:
01. The Past Should Stay Dead
02. Just Another Marionette
03. What's The Clock Without The Batteries?
04. Heads Or Tails? Real Or Not?
05. Even Bad Men Love Their Mothers
06. Her Advice Cost Us A Life
07. Set It Off Like Napalm
08. Sailing In The Dark Isn't Smart, Kid!
09. Pretend. Release. The Close.
10. It's Cold In The Shade, Let's Move to the Sun...
11. I Still Feel Her: Part I
12. A City Called Coma: Part II

If You Like: Dance Gavin Dance, The Fall Of Troy, Fiore

Emarosa dropped Chris and picked up Jonny Craig from Dance Gavin Dance. They essentially stopped the screaming. I personally think they should have changed their name again, because the remnants of old Emarosa only hold them back from reaching their potential (at least for people who prefer Chris). Relativity is objectively a good album, but relative to This Is Your Way Out, I think it's a bit disappointing. I mean, they even named it 'Relativity'. I would recommend this album if you've never really listened to Emarosa or you prefer progressive to post-hardcore. I did see them live with Jonny, and I though they sounded much better than on the album. The instruments seemed to stand out more than on the cd, which is good because they're more developed and melodic than the older Emarosa stuff, with a couple exceptions. Hopefully their 2010 release is a little more distinctive. Definitely worth seeing live. 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment