Monday, July 27, 2009

Tonight Is Glory - The Vision & Reality


Tracklist:
01. The Allegory Discussion
02. Horizons
03. Exciting Forms of Discussion
04. I'm The King
05. It's Never Been This Quiet
06. Your Eyes In The Skies
07. The Man In The White Suit
08. Calotype
09. Promise
10. At The End Of The World

If You Like: The Devil Wears Prada, In Fear And Faith, The Year Ends In Arson

I had an opportunity to see TX's Tonight Is Glory last Thusday. I never heard of them, but their live show reminded me of In Fear And Faith if they were smaller and a little more metal-influenced. I decided to find an album of theirs, and it turns out it's a solid metal album. Tonight Is Glory has the skill to make themselves rise through the massive tangled mess of metal bands towards the top. The only complaint I have is that the songs are really short, although it's not that big of a deal. I'm not sure why these guys aren't bigger, but they've definitely got potential. If you like The Devil Wears Prada, you'll probably like this album too. They're on tour, go see them. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment