Friday, July 17, 2009

Menomena! - I Am The Fun Blame Monster!


Tracklist:
01. Cough Coughing
02. The Late Great Libido
03. E. Is Stable
04. Twenty Cell Revolt
05. Strongest Man In The World
06. Oahu
07. Trigga Hiccups
08. Rose
09. The Monkey's Back

If You Like: drugs

First off, I love the album art.. I mean, it's a dragon! Or something. This album is a little more technical-sounding than 'Friend and Foe' which gives the band its variations. I love the first 2/3 of this album and I think it deserves a run-through. 'Cough Coughing' has an amazing beat and becomes mellow and just incredible towards the end. 'The Late Great Libido' uses the trumpet, piano, drums, everything and the vocals over it sound... beautiful. 'E Is Stable' is dark and creepy with excellent use of instruments towards the end, when it lightens. I'm running out of synonyms so I'll skip to Oahu. The bass line is simple and soothing, fading in and out through most of the song. Great instrumental track. The album finishes with 'The Monkey's Back' in an eerie note, but with one last burst of energy in the middle of the song.
Definitely worth checking out. 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment